Thursday, January 8, 2009

On the road


It was for sure a tearful good-bye but in some ways I was looking forward to being on the road. Things at home in MI were getting so chaotic and unorganized I couldn't wait to settle into our new home and start fresh.




The kids did the best they could on the long trip down. If it hadn't been for the in car DVD players (thanks you mom and dad VW) Luke and I would have gone insane. We made it to Kentucky and stayed there overnight. The beds felt amazing but I'm sure any mattress would have considering the five nights prior were on an air bed or the floor. After a lovely continental breakfast we were back on the road. Our goal was to make it to Fairhope before 5pm so we could get all the utilities turned on in the house. Thanks to Louisville, and Nashville traffic we didn't make it in time. Needless to say power and water didn't get turned so it was one more night in a hotel for us. We had a great night sleep and were finally at the house the next afternoon!

1 comment:

Your Uppercase Living Demonstrator said...

Thanks for keeping us posted!!! I can't believe so much time has passed since our good bye! I hope it keeps going fast and we get to see you soon!