Monday, April 6, 2009

Surprise Summer!

Well about a week after Luke's parents left the kids and I went up to Michigan. Erin was throwing Summer and surprise birthday party and I didn't want to miss it. I was also part of the surprise so we did everything we could to keep her from knowing I was coming to MI. She was shocked and the party was so much fun. It was a really great night which even included a limo ride!

The rest of the week the kids and I spent bouncing around trying to see everyone we could. It was a very busy week so I think the next trip we will stay longer. There just wasn't enough time.

Going back to MI was really good for me. It made me realize that Alabama is now our home. Of course I still miss all of our friends and family like crazy but I can finally settle in here.

Saying good-bye was hard but not nearly as bad as when we moved. I see now how easy it is to take a trip back and see everyone. Well, I guess I shouldn't say easy because my trip home wasn't so easy. I'd say it was a combination of the GPS and my not paying enough attention but somehow I ended up in Chicago heights. Oh what a nightmare! My knight in shining armor (Luke) came to the rescue (over the phone) and talked me through it all and got be back on track somewhat. I ended up on a couple rural highways through Illinois until I hit 65 in Nashville. It was kind of nice to see something different. We drove through Metropolis, IL the home of the tallest Superman statue. I just had to stop. There was a Superman on every corner. It looked like a neat little town but we only stay a half hour and checked out a few shops then we were back on the road. Well my 16 hour trip turned into 22 hours but we made it home safe and sound. I felt really good to be home!

1 comment:

Your Uppercase Living Demonstrator said...

How fun is this!!! I bet Owen was in Superhero Heaven!!! You are such a fun mom for stopping :O) Sorry your trip took you on a detour :O( I LOVED having you home!!!